The University of Edinburgh with support from the Digital Curation Centre, EDINA, and Information Services are delighted to annouce that the 4th Annual Repository Fringe event will be held in the Informatics Forum on 3-5 August 2011. Further sponsors and supporters to be announced.
Repository Fringe aims to showcase a range of innovative repository and related developments to coincide with ‘preview week’ that precedes the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Designed for an audience of developers and coders, repository managers and practitioners, the programme retains an ‘unconference’ feel to it, and seeks to canvass contribution from a wide range of repository actors
- Live demonstrations of innovative work;
- “Lightning” presentations on any subject relating to current, or future repository endeavours;
- Facilitated Round Table discussions;
- Tutorials and presentations on related topics;
- Workshops and developer day activities including a ‘Code Challenge’ and CETIS meeting: ‘Advances in Open Systems for Learning Resources’ on Friday, 5 August.
Keynote speakers will open and close Repository Fringe 2011.
The dates of the event coincide with the start of the Edinburgh Festival season, which includes Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival (22 July – 31 July 2011), Edinburgh Art Festival (4 Aug – 4 Sept. 2011), Edinburgh Festival Fringe (5 Aug. – 29 Aug. 2011), Edinburgh International Festival (12 Aug. – 4 Sept. 2011), Edinburgh International Book Festival
(13 Aug. – 29 Aug.) as well as the usual impromptu street theatre, musicians and sideshows.
Registration for this free event will open shortly
University accommodation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. To book please contact the Bed and Breakfast Team on 0131 651 2007 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further enquiries contact: email@example.com